Folk | Seated
James Findlay first came into the public eye after winning the 2010 BBC Young Folk Award.
James performs as both a solo artist, and also with Jon Dyer and Alfie Gidley as The James Findlay Trio.
"Bloody hell, what a voice! This was my first thought as he launched into his songs. He’s warmly charismatic with that sparkle of personality that draws a crowd along with him.” Jon Boden
"He’s got an appositely brilliant voice that lad. It’s not just soft and mellow but it has got a lot of depth and a lot of passion to it. Love his stuff!” Mike Harding
James comes from a family of folk singers & his enthusiasm lies firmly within the English tradition. He is particularly passionate about songs from his home counties of Dorset, Somerset and Devon. He has an extensive repertoire and love for song and this really shows through his knowledge and understanding of the material.
- Winner of the BBC Young Folk Award 2010
- Fellside signed artist of three highly acclaimed albums.
- Mojo Top Ten Folk Albums in 2012 with Sport & Play
- Another Day, Another Story nominated for 'Best Folk Album 2013' in the Spiral Earth Awards.
- James has been involved in some high profile projects including the recording of songs from 'The New Penguin Book of English Folk Songs' with Lucy Ward, Bella Hardy and Brian Peters.
- In 2013 James played 'Little Musgrave' in Jon Boden's folk-opera 'Little Musgrave and Lady Barnard'
- Worked with the British Council's Folk Nations Project in India.
- James has recorded a new CD for release in July 2015 followed by a tour to publicise the album.
|Sun 2nd Oct||7:30pm|
|From 6pm on the night||£11.00|
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to give accurate details of our forthcoming programmes, it may be necessary to make last minute changes for reasons beyond our control. Where possible, all such changes will be advertised in the local press and on this website. Popular events may sell out in advance of the night. To avoid disappointment, please check availability above or phone our Box Office on 01822 611166 for the very latest information.